Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Statement Piece Work in Progress - Sept 14

*To read the beginning of this project, scroll down to Sept. 8th entry.

Today I completed the bottom most strand of my Statement Piece Necklace. It's nothing like I said it was going to be. :-D

(click on any photo to enlarge)


It is actually 6 strands of seed beads! All of them joined together in a sterling silver cone. The cones will be attached to the reducers. I've added a few stray beads - turquoise, lapis, carnelian, sterling silver - through out the 6 strands, along with one large lapis lazuli bead as a focal.







Three strands down, five to go!! :) For the next strand, I'm thinking lapis. But .............

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

It's beautiful. I really like the colors you have going and yes, the lapis would also be lovely. =)

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Anne-Marie! I hope to get a chance to work on it again today.