Thursday, September 9, 2010

Soaps on the cutting board

These are the soaps that I cut into bars today. Orange & Clove, and Dragon's Blood.

*note: "The Tank" is the soap cutter.

Orange & Clove soap in The Tank.

(Click on any photo to enlarge)


Orange & Clove just cut. Bottom layer has ground clove, top layer does not. That's the only difference. I sprinkled ground cloves on the top. The soap may darken up a little.



Dragon's Blood in The Tank.



Dragon's Blood just cut. This soap will darken to almost black. The red swirls in the soap and on top of the soap may end up getting lost, but it's worth a try.



Closer look at the Dragon's Blood. Of course, now I'm going to have to make different labels than I use now because I don't usually mound up the top like this so it looks like a loaf of bread.

4 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

I like the photos of both of these soaps! I also love the soap cutter... I currently use a long thin "ham" knife but I fantasize about getting a cutter like this one day. The one thing I wondered about them is - can you set your own thickness? Or do you have to accept the thickness that the comes with? xo Jen

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Jen! I used to use a mitre box and a sharp knife to cut the soaps. Ukkk, what a mess I could make! :) The soap cutter I got at http://www.forcraftssake.com/ . They'll make it to any thickness you want. But you can't adjust the thickness yourself once you get the cutter.

Nan

Cocobong Soaps said...

My big brother gave me The Tank a few years ago, and I ADORE it. Wrote a post about it as well. Can't imagine being without my Tank !

Aunt Nancy said...

Yep, LOVE The Tank! :) Julia, I enjoyed looking at your soaps from around the world collection on your blog!

Nan