Monday, September 27, 2010

The Desert Princess - A Work in Progress Sept. 27

I am now in the process of putting this necklace together. I'll start with the bottom strand, and work my up.

I got the first strand attached. Easy peasy, as expected. This was much like adding a headpin to an earring wire, I used 18ga half hard sterling wire.

Then came the second and third strand, which are attached to each other by the double holed coral beads ... I took out the double holed sterling beads, they were just too big, it didn't work. Attached them to the reducers double crimping on each end. Well, this did not look quite right. The top strand just had too many beads and was not laying right.

(Click on any photo to enlarge)

So I restrung the offending strand. I ended up only removing 3 beads but what a difference!

A close-up of one of the ends connected to the reducer -

That's as far as I have gotten. I hope to be able to work on it today.

No comments: