Friday, June 14, 2013

Pearls For A Bride

This is a three strand pearl necklace I made last month. This one has pretty delicate 4mm freshwater pearls, side drilled. Here are the pearls as I bought them, the 4mm being the smaller ones on the left ..


And here is the finished product ..


Between each pearl I used antique French steel cut seed beads. These are indeed antique stock that was never used. Here's a close up to see them better.


For the clasp, I used a sterling silver Art Deco looking toggle in the shape of a mirror. Pretty!


It's a pretty good length for a wedding accessory, I think. The inside, shortest strand is 16 1/2 inches. The outside strand is 20 1/2 inches. For the beading wire, I used Soft Touch by Soft Flex. This is a very flexible beading wire, and gives this necklace a lovely drape.

This necklace can be found in my Etsy jewelry shop

3 Strand Wedding Pearls

1 comment:

Siddhi tomar said...

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Thanks a ton.
Fashion Write For Us