Friday, September 3, 2010

What's on the curing rack ??

I've got a few new soaps, and a couple of restocks, on the curing rack.

Restocks, I have Pomegranate Fig, and Oatmeal & Honey

(click on any photo to enlarge)



New soaps -

Sandalwood Vanilla - This is a different Sandalwood Vanilla fragrance oil than I usually use. It has a more woodsy fragrance than the other. Kind of nice! For oils, I used olive oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and avocado oil. For coloring, I used a combo of red clay and red oxide, which gave it a real nice mahogany red color.



Egyptian Dragon - Same recipe as the Sandalwood Vanilla. The fragrance is a amber, vanilla, sweet frankincense and myrrh, with a light touch of patchouli. A touch of green clay for color, with a little bit of green oxide for a swirl.



Now this next one is for all us chocoholics! It's called Chocolate Serendipity and BOY! does it smell good! Like chocolate fudge brownies just out of the oven. For oils, I used olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter (of course!), sweet almond oil, and castor oil. Added some goat milk so it's nice and creamy. I added a little bit of powdered cocoa just to insure a nice dark brownie brown. A bit of unscented soap splashed down the middle of the top gives it a bit of frosting.



Honey Almond - the same recipe as the Chocolate Serendipity. Added goat milk. And I added a little bit of yellow oxide hoping for a golden color. The Honey Almond is the soap on the left. The other soap is the Pomegranate Fig.



The next two soaps I am really happy with. They both smell wonderful, and they are both pretty to look at.

First, Pumpkin Spice. For oils, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, organic canola oil, and wheat germ oil. Added goat milk. The white swirls have a bit of white kaolin clay. And I added a dash of ground cloves. I hope that beautiful pumpkin color doesn't darken! I like it just the way it is.



And last, but certainly not least, Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Devine! Same recipe as the Pumpkin Spice, including the goat milk. Bottom layer is Pumpkin Spice, top layer is Chocolate Serendipity. The two together smells so good, it makes my eyes cross!!



So there you have it!

AND of course, a gratuitous cat picture.

No comments: