Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Desert Princess - A Work In Progress Sept 22

So, I left off with 5 strands done, 3 more to go. I knew I wanted the green Kingman turquoise heishi, just a plain strand of it with no embellishments.

Like this:

(Click on any photo to enlarge)


For the next strand, I was debating between a blue (either iolite or azurite) or some more green turquoise. I finally decided on more green turquoise.



I don't think I like the 3 silver pieces in the middle. It seems to irratate me, like a disconnect or something. I may be taking those out.

Another pic:



And now the strand I really love! Blue blue blue Kingman Turquoise with plenty of silver! It gets top billing. :)




Wait for it ...




It's going to be .....

Leg-end-dary!!





Yeah?? What do you think?! Look ok to you? :)

A few more pics:









Well, folks, all of this has been the easy part. Now comes the hard part - getting all these strands connected to the reducers. If you hear lots of cussing and yelling and screaming coming from Tucson, don't worry, it will just be me! :)

Edited to add:
I'm definitely going to take out the 3 silver beads in the middle of the green turquoise. AND on the top strand, I'm going to exchange the last turquoise bead on each end for a red coral bead.

No comments: