Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Desert Princess - A Work in Progress Oct. 26

I have pretty much completed the necklace except for some embellishments I would like to add to the connectors. I wanted to make sure it would hang ok before I did any extensive wire wrapping. With the last strands connecting to the clasp, I made the outside strand a bit shorter than the inside strand. Usually it's the other way around but I needed that outside strand to pull the bottom 4 strands up a bit.

(click on any photo to enlarge)


I invision this on someone much taller than me. When wearing a T-shirt, it hangs too low on me, but if I put on a blouse with a wide collar and wear the necklace on the outside, or if I wear a turtle neck sweater, it actually looks good! Here is a not very good pic, but just to show you



OK ! Now to go and add a few details!

(edited a few hours later)
Embellishments !!



4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Wow - that is a statement necklace for sure. It looks nice with the collar shirt too.

The Soap Sister said...

Nan, This necklace just gets better and better....and you're tempting me with the "someone taller" thing as I am 5'11"! It's a lovely work of wearable art! ~Becky

Linden said...

Wow, just wow!!! This is one honey of a necklace, what a *fantastic* piece of work.

I love how the design has evolved over time; I'm like that myself, it's where the true joy is in creativity.

Beautiful!

Erin Napier said...

This is gorgeous, love it!