Thursday, June 19, 2008

A New Soap Mold ! Yay!!

Ray has been talking for a while about doing a wood working project. So I said Make me a soap mold!! or two or three!! And he did. In fact, I just finished filling it with soap.

It's a two log mold, inside dimensions of each log are 21 1/2 x 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 . He used oak. The ends are held together with threaded rods tightened with wing nuts. The long edges have piano hinges to make it easy to fold down to remove the soap logs.

Here's a couple of pics:

Here's a pic with the center divider removed:

And this one is with the rods taken out and one of the ends removed

This is with the long sides folded down

And now with one of the long sides folded down over the table to show off the piano hinges

I just poured the soap about 1/2 hr ago. I am a happy camper! I lined it with craft foamy. I usually pour at a medium to light trace, so I always expect a tad of linkage. There is just one area that it leaked, but I think that if I just tighten the wing nuts a bit more, I'll be ok!

The soap I made ..... Berry Minty ! :) It's a recipe with shea butter. This is only the second time I have used this recipe, but is similar enough to the cocoa butter recipe I use a lot, that it gave me no problem or surprises. The scent is a combo of Black Raspberry Vanilla fragrance oil and Peppermint essential oil.

I will now get my camera and take a few pics of the mold full of soap.

No comments: