Monday, June 30, 2008

Farmers Market Report - 6/28/08

This week at the farmers market ( Rincon Valley Farmers Market ) was .... about the same as last week, with maybe just a few more customers. It was not quite as hot, only got up to 101 degrees. I had a few repeat customers - two gals that had tried my shred soap, and my facial serum, came back for more. Best sellers this week was the shred soap, Sandalwood Vanilla, and Island Coconut.

I met another Tucson soapmaker, which is always nice! We both belong to the Soap Dish Forum , so we had already met online. It's always nice to put a face to someone you have talked to on the internet! She bought 3 of my soaps. Hope she likes them!

Didn't sell any jewelry this weekend. Just lots of soap, and some body oil and facial serum.

3 comments:

shale said...

what is shred soap??

Aunt Nancy said...

Shred Soap - I bevel most of my soaps, and when I do, I can't bring myself to throw away the shreds (the peelings) that it produces. So I make a 3/4 batch of unscented soap, fill my mold with an assortment of shreds from beveling, and then pour the new soap over the shreds. It makes an interesting pattern! I'll post pics of some shred soap later today. :)

Aunt Nancy said...

Hey, wait a minute ... hahaha I just realized who shale is.

:LOL: