Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let's get started !!

I think it's time for me to blog!

This blog will, for the most part, be about soap and soaping, with forays into jewelry making. Me and my husband, Ray, currently live in Tucson, Arizona (shall I tell you how HOT it is ??). We moved here almost 3 years ago, from Maine. We are New Englanders. Born and raised in Massachusetts, lived most of our married life (36 years ! ) in New Hampshire, spent some time in Sheepscot, Maine.

When we lived in New England, I bought and sold antiques - then called Goodwin's Seacoast Antiques, now changed to Goodwin's Antiques in the Desert . But when we moved to Tucson, antiquing just was not the same! I needed to try something else. So while I was thinking about what to do, I went to the big Tucson Gem Show. My oh my! and again, my oh my! I flipped! Beautiful shiny things everywhere! So ...

I started making jewelry ! Yeah! I started another website for selling jewelry - Jewelry From Tucson - and started selling jewelry on Etsy and locally at the Rincon Valley Farmers Market. LOVE playing with silver and turquoise! But ...

Do you have any idea how many jewelry makers there are ? Just in Tucson alone, the number of jewelry makers is astounding! I needed to find something else I could make. So while I was thinking about what else to make, I bought some handmade soap at the farmers market. My oh my! Smelled so nice, felt so nice! So ....

I started making soap! Yeah! I started selling soap on Etsy - Aunt Nancy's Handmade Soap - and at the farmers market. So far so good! Between the soap and the jewelry, I'm having fun!

So be sure to check out my jewelry shop and my soap shop! And if you live in the Tucson area, be sure to check out the Rincon Valley Farmers Market on Saturdays 8am-1pm ! Stop and say hi to me in the barn.

3 comments:

patti flynn said...

i hearted your green lilac luxury just last night and added it here:
http://soaperstars.blogspot.com/
NICE soap!

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you so much, Patti! I can't tell you how many times I have admired your soaps on Etsy, and how I enjoy reading your blog! :)

Ginger's Garden said...

Congrats on your blog! The soapies look great.
Irena aka soapbuddy
www.gingersgarden.com