Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cutting the Soaps - Sweet Confetti and Cream Peppermint w/ Chocolate Swirl

And I am very happy with the results of my Sweet Confetti soap! :)  Now, I usually mix up 176 ounces of oils, and once I mix in my lye mix, I split the pot in half and make 2 different flavors of soap. Since I had cut up 8 bars of colored soap to use as my confetti imbeds, I had to do a little math to adjust my recipe. After much brain smoldering, I determined that if I decreased my oils to 156 ounces, I would have enough for one log of Creamy Peppermint with Chocolate Swirl, and one log of Sweet Confetti. And dang if that didn't come out perfect! :-D

The recipe ... olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, castor oil. Goat milk. Lye and distilled water. Peppermint essential oil for the first one, swirled with some cocoa. Hmmm yum, smells like a Peppermint Patty!  The second one, scented with a little bit of Fresh Cut Rose. Poured the confetti imbeds right into the pot and stirred, then poured into the mold.

Here are the soaps just poured into the molds ..


After a little while, I took a wooden spoon and peaked the top of the Sweet Confetti a little.

Here's the Sweet Confetti, ready to cut.


Cut, and still in The Tank. I'm happy! :) I like it! And each bar smells just a little different depending on the imbeds. 


Ready to be whisked away to the soap room. A good birthday soap, or a good soap for New Year's Eve parties!


And the Cream Peppermint with Chocolate Swirl. This one cleared my sinuses right out. Love that peppermint! This one is a restock. I have some ready to go on my website! It's one of my more popular soaps and I try to always keep some in stock!

Creamy Peppermint w/ Chocolate Swirl



5 comments:

Mopsfidel said...

Great! Looks sooo yummy. And the chocolate swirl is just a dream.

LatherBeSoaping said...

I love how the confetti soap turned out, Nancy! And I love the swirl in the peppermint and chocolate soap - it looks good enough to eat!

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Mopsfidel and Jenny! :)

Handmade Soap Bath Bomb said...

I love the Sweet Confetti soap, lovely like candy.
http://www.handmadesoapbathbomb.com/

Anne-Marie said...

What fun soaps! The confetti soap is so totes adorbs. :)