Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Few Soaps, and a Bracelet

I try to keep busy. Really, I do. It's not all daydreaming and playing video games. :)

This week's soap pot, as usual, I split into 2 different soaps. I got in a few different fragrance oils a couple of weeks ago, and been having fun with them. This time, an old favorite of mine that I haven't made in a while, and so glad I ordered again ... Pomegranate Fig. Yum! Swirled with a nice deep red made from red clay with a touch of red oxide.

Pomegranate Fig, the log, and the cut soap.




And next, a new fragrance for me, called Green Cactus. Out of the bottle, it smells more floral to me. Unless the fragrance designer was thinking of a flowering cactus. I like it, but I might call the soap something else. We'll see. I made a layered soap for this. Green. :) I'm very happy with the look of this soap.




Both of these soaps will be ready around the 3rd week in August.

Last week, I made another old favorite of mine, Sandalwood Vanilla. Another fragrance I have been out of for a while, and I'm glad I ordered again. I used red clay and red oxide to make a very dark red, and with the vanilla from the fragrance, it should turn a nice dark mahogany color. It was cloudy and rainy the day I took these pictures, so the lighting is not good at all.



The other half of this soap pot, I used a new fragrance for me called Fresh Cut Rose. I, of course, colored it with rose clay. It has a florist rose scent. Very nice!



And, another soap pot, split into 2. This was 3 weeks ago, and in fact the soaps are cured and listed in my Etsy shop. Both are restocks, that I have been out of stock for a while. Both are scented with essential oils.

Ginger Lavender,  a layered soap. A nice mix of lavender and ginger with a touch of lemon. I've been sprinkling lemon quite liberally in my soaps lately. :-D I like it!



And, Lemon Peppermint. Last year, I called this Summer Peppermint, but it's a bit late in the season for talking summer. :) A blend of lemon and peppermint essential oils, swirled with green clay.




I haven't been making a lot of jewelry lately. But I did make this really pretty Turquoise and Coral Bracelet. It's a beauty! I really love this turquoise from the Kingman mine.


I always like using my ironwood coyote to help me display my turquoise jewelry. :)


And this is my vintage Navajo basket that is nice to use for display sometimes.








No comments: