Monday, February 14, 2011

Fruit-A-Licious, and Red Creek Jasper

Soap


I cut my four layer soap this morning. I like it! I'm a happy soapy camper. :-D

Here is the first log, waiting to be cut.

(click on any photo to enlarge)


And here it is! Bottom layer is Cantaloup Lily, second layer is Pineapple Crush, 3rd layer is Agave Lime, and the top layer is Orange Lemon.



When I was pouring the second layer, I had a little trouble pouring lightly and in some soaps it caused a little bit of a wave instead of a straight layer.



All cut and on the little rack, ready to be carried into the soap room. I wait a few days for them to harden up a little before transferring them to my large curing rack, to keep fingerprints down to a minimum. :)



And I made sure to make a few quarter bars. :)



Jewelry


I finally got some pics of the Red Creek Jasper jewelry I made last week. Got it all listed in my Etsy Jewelry shop, Jewelry From Tucson.

The Necklace





And the bracelet



Birdwatching


Ray and I went to Whitewater Draw this weekend, to see the Sandhill Cranes. Once again, we saw THOUSANDS of cranes! Check out Ray's blog here -

Sonoran Connection

At the end of the post, he posted a video I took of some cranes landing. I took it with my Droid, so it's not very good, but it will give you an idea of how noisy they can be!

2 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

Gorgeous soap! How are you enjoying your soap cutter....? xo Jen

Aunt Nancy said...

Thanks, Jen. :) Oh, I love my Tank! It has made soap cutting a breeze!