Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fun with a Droid

So, we switched from a land line telephone to a wireless smartphone last month. We got a Motorola Droid, and I have been having a lot of fun with this phone! So much more entertaining than a boring ol' land line!

Yesterday we took a drive up Mt Lemmon, and I took the phone with me. With it, I was able to relist one of my items that sold in my Etsy shop while we were out, by using the pre-intalled browser. When we heard a song on the radio and we couldn't remember who sang it, I used an app called Shazam that will listen to whatever music is playing, and will tell you the name and who is singing. It told us who was singing! To which we replied DUH. I took a few pictures with it, although it's really almost impossible when you are standing in the sunlight because you just can't see the screen. And just before we started out day trip, I activated an app called My Tracks. This is a GPS app that will track were we go until I tell it to stop recording. So when I got home, I told it to stop recording, and it gave me a bunch of (maybe useless) information. First it showed me a map of our trip. Then it gave a little report. Total miles - 106. Total time - 5hrs 53min. Min elevation - 2,327ft. Max elevation - 9,006ft.

Here's a pic of some patches of snow up on top of Mt Lemmon taken with the Droid camera:



And here's a pic of the Ski Valley



Now, if you want to see some REALLY good pics of our trip, go to Ray's blog Sonoran Connections.

And a gratuitous cat pic for my sisters :)

No comments: