Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The making of a turquoise heishi necklace

These are a couple of pics of turquoise heishi and assorted findings for making a necklace. Click on the photos to enlarge.



A very nice light sky blue with copper matrix. The slightly graduated strand is 16 inches, the other strand all 6mm is 20 inches. The graduated strand is in nicer condition than the other. Plenty of 4mm round sterling beads. Either a toggle clasp, or a lobster claw clasp. The lobster claw is safer for lighter necklaces. I put the red coral beads there because ... well, because I love red coral with turquoise.



So we decided on the graduated beads. As I was stringing them, I weeded out any chipped beads. I like to use the round silver beads around the back of the necklace because I found that those little heishi beads like to snatch at your hair in the back. Little devils!

And the finished necklace:



No comments: