Thursday, March 11, 2010

Personalized Dirt Soap For Little Hands

This is what I am working on, and as soon as these little soaps cure, I'll be ready.

For all you with little ones, summer days are coming. And your little ones are going to be gleefully running around outside playing in dirt and mud, coming home with little hands and faces as dirty as you can imagine! And is it a hassle to get them to wash their hands and faces? How about a soap sized for their little hands, with globs of "dirt" imbedded in them, and smells a bit like dirt, and comes with a wrapper with their names on it! Would this give a little incentive for them to use soap instead of just maybe sticking a finger a wee bit in the water?

I gathered up a few brown soaps (light brown, medium brown, dark brown) and shredded them a bit, and cut them up into small pieces of different shapes. Then I made a batch of soap using my olive oil and cocoa butter recipe, stirred in the shreds and cuts, and added a bit of cedarwood essential oil for that oh so wonderful earth smell. When I took the soap out of the mold, I cut them into my regular big bars, then I cut those bars into quarters. And what I got was nice small (2 1/2 x 2 x 1/2) bars imbedded with what looks like pieces of dirt! Once they are cured, I will sell them in quantities of 6 and 12, personalized with whatever name is requested on the wrapper.





I've kept a few bars at full size, for the big kids. :)



I also did a much more colorful batch, and scented it with a bit of Asian Lily and Musk Melon. This one will be called Sweet Confetti for Little Hands, and will also have personalized wrappers. This one actually would be great for guest bathrooms, or maybe even for favors at parties, as well as little hands.





Just listed in my Etsy shop



A couple of soaps just listed in my Etsy shop (they will be posted on my website within a day or so)

Lilac



Patchouli



Dark Musk



Pineapple Crush

No comments: