Thursday, May 14, 2009

Energize Me!



This is the soap I made on Tuesday, I am going to call it "Energize Me". I love this scent! I used my olive oil and wheat germ oil recipe, substituting my usual canola oil with rice bran oil because I was out of canola oil. And I added a little goat milk because I felt that it deserved it. :)

The scent is a blend of spruce needle, black pepper, and orange. I also used a little litsea to help anchor the orange, and a little patchouli to round the whole thing out. MMMMMM MMMMMM MMMMMM !!!! It smells just wonderful!

I used some Rhassoul Clay to make the swirls.

A little bit about the essential oils I used:

Spruce Needle: Refreshing, invigorating, stimulating, strengthening. Very popular in an Aromatherapy bath to revive tired muscles. For centuries, spruce needle has been a favorite to use in saunas and steam baths.

Black Pepper: Just as you would imagine, black pepper essential oil is spicy and exotic smelling, without making you sneeze! It's very stimulating, and is useful for muscular aches and pains and muscular stiffness.

Sweet Orange: Nothing says refreshing as a splash of orange!

I'll be cutting this up later today. I can't wait! Then we'll all just have to wait out the 4 week curing period. ~sigh~

5 comments:

Olive and Oud said...

That sounds yummy!

Aunt Nancy said...

Thanks, Urban. :) It's sitting on the kitchen counter and every time I go by, I have to stop and smell it.

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

Very pretty, Nan!

Ginger's Garden said...

I bet it smells awesome!

Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely!!

Lavanya