Sunday, October 12, 2008

Farmers Market, Reed Diffusers, and a Two Day Craft Show

This weekend's farmers market at the Rincon Valley Farmers Market was pretty wild and wooly, weather-wise. I guess pieces of the hurricane Norbert were giving us just an itty bitty little "hello" and driving some winds and rain around the mountains. A few wind gusts sent some of the vendors running to hold down their displays. A few vendors had to leave early because of the wind. Since we are in the barn, we had no worries ... other than the rain and wind keeping customers away! There were quite a few customers, but most of them just bought their veggies and nothing else. I had a few people scoping out Christmas gifts already, and I was always quick to point out that handmade soap makes a wonderful gift, and that I would be having gift packages as the Christmas season got closer.

Speaking of Christmas season, I am going to be trying out something new for me. Reed diffusers. I'm testing a diffuser base now, and so far I am happy with it. Now to find some pretty diffuser bottles. I will offer them as an entire kit in nice packaging so they'll make nice Christmas presents, and the diffuser oil separately for refill.

Next weekend, Ray and I will not be at our regular farmers market. We will be doing a two day show in Willcox, AZ. This is the Willcox Wine and Art Festival, Oct. 18-19. So far, it looks like nice weather. According to the publicity I have read, there will be plenty of artisans, and there will be wine tasting! Plus Willcox is home to a few pick-your-own farms, including apples and pumpkins. So anyone within the area, I hope to see you there!!

No comments: