Sunday, August 3, 2008

Farmers Market Report 8/2

Too darn hot!

We hit our summer average. No jewelry sales, just soap. The biggest seller was Wild Rose, mainly because one gal came in specifically looking for it. She usually gets a rash when using a scented soap, so she was very happy that this one did not give her a rash. She bought the Value Pak (6 bars of soap, plus 2 lip balms for $25.00), all Wild Rose, stocking up because she is moving to Phoenix. I made sure she had my card so she can order from my website once she gets moved.

This week I introduced quarter bars for $1.50, 4 for $5.00. I've had them on my website (4 quarters for $5.00) for a couple of weeks, this is the first week putting them out at the farmers market. People seemed to like them, it gives them a chance to try a few different soaps without spending a lot of $$.

One of the produce vendors had some organic peaches from Willcox. I almost missed them, until I saw someone walking through the barn chomping on one. Hey, I said, there are peaches??? Yum yum, I bought a few.

Ray and I were both exhausted by the time we got home, just from the heat. Plus there were no food vendors there this week, and we didn't bring any sandwiches with us. So we were also starving to death!

No comments: