Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pearls

I did a little bit of jewelry making. A 3 strand pearl necklace.


I love making these simple multi strand pearl necklaces. They always come out so nice, looking so classic. The pearls are all 7mm, a nice creamy white.

The clasp is all sterling silver, a good sturdy J hook. I keep thinking how pretty this would look on a bride with her hair up to show off the sterling silver.


Lately on my necklaces I have been using sterling silver wire guards when I add the wire to the clasp, which help protect the beading wire and, I think, add a nice finished look. They are a little fussy to work with, but well worth it.

I spaced the strands 2 inches apart. Makes a very nice drape. The smallest strand is 17 inches including the clasp. The longest strand is 21 inches.


This necklace is listed in my Etsy jewelry shop.

3 Strand Pearl Necklace

No comments: