Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Desert Soap

This is my Desert Chaparral Soap, which I cut yesterday



I was hoping by adding green clay that it would come out greener than it did. But alas, the powdered chaparral had other ideas. LOL What little green IS coming through now will most likely fade to a khaki brown.

Orange and Clove soap, just cut



Both soaps have been whisked away to the soap room to cure. :)

These are a couple of soaps just listed. Both of these soaps were scented with blends of odds and ends of fragrance oils I had. Not enough of one to scent a whole batch, so, I just mixed together ones I thought would play nice with each other. Both soaps have goat milk, and cocoa butter. Great recipe!

Desert Nomad - Used up the last of my Frankincense & Myrrh, and added some White Sage. Nice! To me, it's a masculine scent, just a touch on the herbal/spicy side.




Black Violets - This is quite a mix! Violet Shay, Tahitian Vanilla, Tahitian Flowers, and Lavender Fields. Yeah! Very sweet, floral, vanilla-y. Very dark soap from the vanilla. No other additives to darken it up!



And jewelry .. another flat spiral stitch bracelet. Goldstone as the core, greens, copper color, beige glass seed beads and brass spacer beads performing the spiral stitch.



This morning, Ray and I took a walk around Sweetwater Conservation Area. As of right now, he hasn't blogged about it yet. But he got a pretty good pic of a Painted Redstart, so check his blog, see if he's posted a pic of it yet.

Sonoran Connection

5 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Love your dessert soap. So earthy looking. Clays can be fickle buet still i adore the textures they giv

Anne-Marie said...

Your soap looks amazing! I love the earthy, natural colors. It looks fantastic!

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Donna and Anne-Marie !! :)

Emma said...

I really like the look of your desert soap. Yes, very earthly. Is green clay the only additive you used? It looks so desert-y. :)

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Emma! Besides the green clay, I also added some powdered Chaparral.