Friday, November 12, 2010

Just cut and headed to the curing rack

I just cut up 4 logs of soap.

The first one is Christmas Tree. A blend of Fir Needle and Cedarwood essential oils. Green clay and green oxide color the soap, and I used deep gold mica to swirl. The swirl is a little more wispy than I wanted, but it's still good!

(click on any photo to enlarge)


Next, Sahara Sandalwood, a fragrance oil. I brushed some gold mica on top. Smells good, looks good.



This one is Cinnamon Stick, a fragrance oil. Bottom layer is uncolored, top layer is colored with red oxide. Pretty! I like that deep burnt red! Smells good, it's not an in-your-face cinnamon scent.



And finally, Orange Blossom, a mix of 2 fragrance oils - Fleurs D'Oranger and Orange Blossom. Traced really really fast, I was afraid it was going to rice on me. But I got it in the mold in time. No coloring, the swirl is the result of the fast trace. I knew these two fragrance would do that, so I made sure my soap mix was blended really well before I put them in.



So look for these in my shops in about 3 weeks!

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Cinnamon Stick is gorgeous. I really love the deep color contrast. The color and scent are absolutely perfect for the holidays :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. The cinnamon stick looks absolutely delightful.

Aunt Nancy said...

Thank you, Anne-Marie and Erin! :)

Anonymous said...

ooh- I am looking forward to Orange Blossom!

Lavanya