Monday, June 10, 2013

Oatmeal & Honey Goat Milk Soap

From the pour, to the cure. :)

This is one of my favorite soaps. I like making it, I like using it.

Just poured ...


It looks so nice and creamy at this point. I love the honey color! But it doesn't stay this color, it browns up quite a bit. I let it go through a hot gel. Here it is gelling ...

That's some hot soap!!  :)

The next day, ready to cut. Out of the mold....

And all sliced up ...


This soap has no added fragrances. It gets a great scent just from the honey and oatmeal. It smells like a big cookie! And it lathers like a dream. It's mild and gentle. The oatmeal I use is baby food oatmeal, so it's so finely ground that it is not scrubby at all. Makes a nice soap for children to use (as long as they don't think it's a cookie and try to eat it!!).

All cured and ready to go!



Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Distilled Water, Goat Milk, Grapeseed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Finely Ground Oatmeal, Natural Desert Honey

Find this soap on my website:  Oatmeal & Honey Goat Milk Soap

and in my Etsy shop:  Oatmeal & Honey Goat Milk Soap

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Very nice! I like the natural color, too. I recently made an Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey soap using goat's milk, ground oats, and honey, and I also used an OMH FO. It's one of my favorites, too! The lather is wonderful!

Anne-Marie said...

I love how natural and earthy your soap came out! I think it is so much fun to let the natural ingredients color your soap (and sometimes it's even a surprise). =)

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I make one very similar to this and it ALWAYS sells out at the farmer's market. Love the color of this soap - very warm and subtle. Yay, soap!