Saturday, September 17, 2011

Soaps and Jewelry

I just finished cutting 2 soaps. One I was concerned wouldn't come out like soap should, because I poured it at an extremely thin trace. But, it came out fine!

Here are both soaps right after pouring them. One is Holiday Peppermint. The other is Frankincense & Myrrh. The Frank & Myrrh is the one I was worried about.



And here is the Holiday Peppermint setting in the Tank, ready to cut



Now, just cut



Pretty, festive, full of holiday cheer! :)




Here's the Frank & Myrrh, setting in the Tank. A little darker than I had hoped (never used this particular fragrance oil from this vendor), but as dark as I figured.



And the cut



I tried a golden swirl with gold mica, but it didn't come out as nice as I wanted. Some of the soaps have hardly more than a few specks. Plus the fact that the soap will darken up, I should have just skipped the golden swirl part.



But still, a nice soap, and smells good!!

This next soap is one I made the week before, The bottom layer is scented with Gingerbread Cookie fragrance oil, the top layer is scented with orange and clove essential oils with a splash of Cinnamon Stick fragrance oil. The middle line is made with cocoa powder. A pretty soap, AND it smells GOOD!!



Jewelry



I went to a gem show a couple of weeks ago, got some great turquoise! Here's a 2 strand bracelet I made



Posed with one of my favorite props



Dakota

1 comment: